viernes, 6 de febrero de 2009

Fifth rehearsal, Part A, choosing chooses.

11:15 - 13:30

All the dancers brought something black and smart this morning, and we went through everyone to make sure the dress code matched. Girls on high hills, boys on tap shoes? We'll see about that. After looking over the dresses Alex proposes an improvisation exercise. He wants this improvisation to become some kind of a therapy on this weird and rainy day. I think it allows him to get to know the dancers a little better.

The weirdness of the day gets into the rehearsal after this improvisation where Emilie stands out high upon the rest. Alex announces he's going to work with sixteen people, calls out the names and begins with the real rehearsal. Actually I think today it's the first time I've heard him using the word rehearsal. I feel everyone gets uncomfortable. The girls that are left behind don't feel very good, this whole situation looks kind of out of the blue.

I had still never seen Alex like that. He has changed his temper. He looks serious. He doesn't stop asking for concentration and absolutely wants the dancers to get it right. No more fooling around. He makes what supposably is going to be the final composition. We begin with the clicking of the fingers and he composes with everything we have worked on. It looks better. It's starting to look like a real show.

I feel like there's something wrong. I feel like an explanation should be given to the left behind girls. I feel like they should have a reason why not to leave the rehearsal and go home. I understand I am not used to this kind of thing, maybe this is how it works, but it made me feel bad, it made me feel sorry for them.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario