miércoles, 4 de febrero de 2009

Noon break at Plainpalais.

I have lunch on a bench and then visit the market at la plaine de plainpalais (I can't pronounce this place) during the lunch break. It's like the 'encants' but in a bigger and more organized kind of way. The Swiss Encants. Kind of a good metaphor of what I can't stop thinking during this break.

Back in Barcelona, if a rehearsal is scheduled for 12:15 everybody shows up at 12:23 the sooner and the rehearsal starts at 12:30 the sooner again. Obviously it begins with a slow warm up and bla bla bla. Nice and easy, lazybones. In Geneva, when I enter the class at what my clock calls 12:18, it seems like they've been rehearsing for more than half an hour. At the begining I even got the feeling I was being mistold and they were not giving me the real timing.

Non of this bullshit. This is in fact how things should be. If the rehearsal is scheduled for 12:15 the rehearsal begins at 12:15, none of the lateness, none of the warming ups, none of the getting changed.

I've already been 'late' twice over three rehearsals, and as I wander around the beautiful maket, I promise myself I WILL NOT be late again. From now on I'm adjusting my clock to this sooner state of Swiss time, neat and organized. Always getting there 15 minutes early so it's never ever again 3 minutes late.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario