domingo, 1 de febrero de 2009

Pure Vanilla

Alexander says he's a man with no dreams. Literaly. Obviously he is a man with goals, considering he's just turned 25 and he's choreographing freelance all over the world. He's in Geneva because of his friend and 'assistant' Marthe, who I'm gonna meet tomorrow. She is the one who made the connection between the Ballet Junior de Genève and Alexander. He, by the way, doesn't know a single thing about where he's going. At least that's what he tells me.

He thinks there are around 22 dancers on the BJG, and, even though he doesn't know if he's going to work with all of them, he will prepare a group piece. He says he's going to start by working with piece he choreographed for the Gotenburg some years ago so he can get to know the guys, and if he feels inspired, create something totally new. I hope he feels inspired! He is excited already because he feels working with young people is much fun because they're much opened.

Nice and easy were the adjectives he used to describe himself to me a while ago. I wouldn't say less. He doesn't have a strict method on his directions, he just moves along with whatever is moving. He tells me he used to have everything prepared, but now he just likes to see what the dancers may propose to him (I made sure proposing is not only asking for marriage). Anyway, he has a playlist ready on his Iphone from which he's gonna start working. I agree with him on the fact it's nice to get inspired from the music you like. Music always produces images and movements in our head, so on my opinion too it's one of the best ways to begin with a project.

He pays for my beer (which turns out fantastic because I still haven't changed my euros to swiss money). I'm amazed by his amazing blue eyes and his warm voice. I feel he's gonna do everything he can to make me feel comfortable during the process. He tells me his favourite words are 'hapiness' for its meaning and 'Bordeaux' for its sound. I will tell him I think his favourite word from now on should be 'pure vanilla' based on the way he made it sound when he told me this was his favourite ice cream flavour.

I know that, from now on, whenever I ask for an Ice Cream in English, I'm going to ask for pure vanilla.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario