martes, 3 de febrero de 2009

My first homework

After the rehearsal, Alex and I went for a beer. Or shall I say some beers? Anyway, we talked about our families, about our boyfriends, about washing machines and about nothing at all. At some point we obviously found ourselves talking about the little project that is going on around here. It wasn't a very long conversation, but I got to see him 'thinking' about a piece, which also a very imporant part of the work.

I noticed he makes connections between his ideas as easily as he creates moves. He has a strong capacity to describe what he has worked on and relate it to racional ideas to find out what's he's really talking about. All of a sudden he started screaming: 'It's about rhythm! Of course! Yeah! This piece is about rhythm!' and going back to his usual quietness, he explained he always tries to find a subject or an idea that involves or represents every piece.

So yes, I find out there are subjects in his choreoraphies, but what seems important to me is they're not imposed subjects in any way, they just happen to come along. And, as far as I know Alex by now, I am almost sure the subject may change along with the same facility Messi scores our hearts out back in Barcelona.

Lope told me about this once. I remember him telling me I should always allow my work to change as it grows. Kind of letting it grow by himself. After the beers I was given my first homework regarding this particular project. I am really tempted to ask Lope for help, because I am sure he would find the best text about rhythm, but I really feel I have to do this on my own.

I miss him.

1 comentario: